Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 was a helluva year!

     2016 was a great year for me. I realize there are many out there who think the year sucked, and I hold you in love and sincerely hope 2017 is a much better year for you.
     I went through my daily Win List and came up with these highlights:

  • Completed first season of tax prep, very enlightening, learned a lot
  • Dennis & I celebrated our 30-year anniversary with a lovely trip exploring Colorado
  • Completed book study classes on Big Magic and Slow Medicine
  • Led two retreats at Timber Creek (yoga, Slow Medicine)
  • My baby rocker was restored and refinished
  • Went to Ana Forrest workshops in Houston
  • My hip healed via year-long Slow Medicine journey (see earlier blog post)
  • Completed a Whole 30 program, with weight loss inspiring new clothing purchases (dropped the "X" from my size!)
  • Attended Symphony in the Flint Hills
  • Enjoyed a fabulous trip to Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland with my excellent travel partner, Lanie
  • Attended a Royals game with galpals
  • Enjoyed Derek at home for a friend's wedding in August
  • Treated Derek, Eliot and Alissa to a Cubs/Rockies game in Denver, adding another stadium to my "see all the MLB ball parks" life goal (& Cubs won!)
  • Survived a physical, which confirmed my excellent health
  • Spent a great long weekend in Chicago with my dear friend Cricket, including a Cubs game at Wrigley Field
  • Dennis' Eagle job ended after nearly 26 years--yes, this is a good thing
  • I dug deeply into the MELT Method, working with friends to explore the techniques and heal connective tissue; this is another healing modality I plan to explore much more
  • Golfed w sons in FOCO in October, and discovered a great place for us to stay when visiting, The Solarium
  • Spent a lovely Thanksgiving holiday with Dennis' family
  • Made a huge life change and purchased an artificial Christmas tree (jury is still out)
  • Enjoyed a trip with galpals to Kansas City for a concert, Christmas lights on the Plaza & KCCSL
  • Enjoyed a super family Christmas in FOCO, made personalized stockings for Alissa & Paisley
  • Swam 126 miles (over 100 miles for the 19th year in a row)
  • And the most stellar event of 2016... THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we focus on the good, the good expands. I'm excited for 2017!
      Happy New Year!
            Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment