Saturday, January 21, 2017

Two Suggestions for Huge Improvement

This is what I am posting this morning at obama.org, the Obama Foundation, in reply to Mr. & Mrs. Obama's request for suggestions for projects for the Foundation:
      I live in Kansas, where it is often said that the majority would vote for Satan if they put an "R" behind his name. In my opinion, this "joke" was proven 100% true in the 2016 presidential election. These same voters keep electing the same people to Congress. The only hope for change in our congressional delegation is if someone resigns (extremely unlikely) or dies.
      This situation, along with the Electoral College, are extreme disincentives to vote. This disincentive is a tragedy, in my opinion. I am dedicated to our Constitution and exercise my voting rights. However, in the November 2016 election, aside from one state issue, my vote was completely meaningless. No wonder folks say "why bother?" on voting.
      I've heard the suggestion that I can move if I don't like how Kansas is, but we all know moving is no solution.
      My suggestions for projects for the Obama Foundation are two: 1) Eliminate the Electoral College, so that the President is truly chosen by the actual popular vote count; and 2) establish term limits for both houses of Congress, the shorter the better.
      Thank you for asking for input!
           Leta Miller
           Wichita, Kansas

No comments:

Post a Comment