Friday, August 14, 2015

Tribute to Bev Wake

     Bev Wake passed into her next life experience on August 9. I've known Bev for many years as my favorite yoga instructor at the YMCA. Not very many weeks ago, she was diagnosed with cancer, and her beautiful light was extinguished all too soon.
     Bev's yoga teaching was inspiring to me, and I credit her classes with generating in me the desire to become a yoga instructor also. I have completed nearly 700 hours of teaching thus far, so Bev's life really has had a very profound effect on mine, for which I am eternally grateful.
     I was able to express my appreciation in a card to her after I learned of her illness. Due to my own yoga class teaching schedule, my contact with Bev had lessened quite a bit over the past year.
     This all leads me to a suggestion (of course!)... if someone has been important to your life's path and enjoyment, let them know. It's a win-win for all.
     Joyful for Bev, though missing her light,
                 Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment