Saturday, August 23, 2014

Vacation Wonder

     I returned this week from a vacation in Pennsylvania and Ohio, visiting family and "my old stomping grounds." I'd like to share a few photos of the joy and wonder.

This is the view into State College (where Penn State University is) from the top of the mountain. If I had a dollar for every time I've driven or ridden over that mountain, I'd be LONG retired :)




This is in Alan Seeger Natural Area, a park, picnic and hiking area in central PA. It is hands-down my favorite spot on the planet. I walked around my favorite trail. The freshness of the air is tough to describe. I feel especially connected to the wonder and love of the planet there.






In Philadelphia (visiting my nephew's family), we went to a couple of awesome Italian markets. This is an 11-pound jar of Nutella. Fortunately, there was no room left in my suitcase. 



Darth Vader and two storm troopers were at the Phillies game to promote the upcoming Star Wars Night at the ballpark. Luckily he did not use the Force on me (at least I don't think so!). 




Ever the little kid (2nd childhood?), I got my great-niece Kerry to snap a shot of me with the fun and furry green mascot of the Phillies, the Phanatic. Icing on the cake to a great trip, so much fun!

SMILE!!!!  *  LIFE IS GOOD!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment