Saturday, August 2, 2014

Another thought on the mustard seed

     Up until Thursday afternoon this past week, I was having the week from hell, with the "icing on the cake" being my car stranding me (see previous post re: car repairs) and needing not just one, but two tows. My sweet husband asked me Thursday morning how I was doing, and I just burst into tears and he scurried away, "sorry I asked!" I felt like I was hanging by a thread, a very frayed thread.
     I went swimming, which is always therapeutic for me. During the back and forth, I was reminded of the Bible verse, "If you have the faith of a mustard seed, nothing shall be impossible." I figured that was about where I was with my faith--a very small mustard seed. So I took the "mustard seed" idea a bit further.
     A friend had turned me onto the Astronomy Picture of the Day (http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html) which I find both beautiful and awe-inspiring. One day recently there was a photo that looked like a lot of stars, but many of those tiny pinpoints of light were WHOLE GALAXIES. So I decided that my tiny, wavering bit of faith was like that tiny pinpoint of light, but knowing that there was a WHOLE GALAXY behind it. That felt very calming and empowering.
     And, praise the Universe, by Thursday afternoon, the week from hell had turned into the week from heaven. Mostly, because my car is still in the shop with no verdict on its ills. "This, too, shall pass."
     Hanging in there,
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment