Thursday, September 4, 2014

More travels, more lessons

     Fellow practitioner Judy Whitcraft posted this on Facebook:
Abraham wisdom : When a lady asked, "How do I know when to be a teacher to my 19 year old daughter and when to be quiet?" Abraham's answer was......."If you're not sure.... err in minding your own business."

     Oh, geez. I think this is the most challenging thing I get to practice as a parent of adult children. We RAISED them to be independent, and now they are, darn it! (Not really, darn it.) 
     Dennis (my husband) and I went to Fort Collins, Colorado this past long weekend to help our sons move to a new rental home, a huge upgrade for them in terms of space and quality. I had all sorts of motherly wisdom and advice to offer, but blessings of the Universe--the time never seemed just right. And that's for a very good reason! None of what I wanted to say needed to be said. 
     I am an avid supporter of free will and free choice--it's our most fundamental human endowment. So if I want to have free choice and learn the way I learn, I must allow my wonderful sons to do the same. We learn much more by experience than we ever learn by being told what to do. 
     Practicing life, learning lessons,
              Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment