Sunday, July 7, 2013

Write poetry? Really?!?!

While poetry is an awesome art form, I must confess, I'm not into it. I have a couple exceptions--I like Rumi and the occasional quote pulled from a poem. I think it takes too much effort to read and write poetry, as opposed to plain, old prose.
That said, I was given the assignment to write about "my journey to enlightenment," preferably as a poem. My first thought was, "Yuck. I can't do that." But I do so love it when Spirit moves through me and does it for me, so I opened to that, and here's what came through:

Done With It!
"You should do more."
The broken record in my head.
Is there no way to stop it?
Will it remain when I'm dead?!?

The Presence of Love
Fills that empty cup inside:
"You are loved beyond imagining!
Relax, just enjoy the ride.

"It's what you are that matters.
No deeds can change My love.
Remember the lilies, My cherished child.
You will always be enough!"

There, I did it (with lots of help from my "Friend"). I won't be quitting my day job to write poetry. Just a reminder that we can always do more than we think we can!
Love to all,
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment