Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 in Review

     I keep a daily Win List of good things, blessings, synchronicities, accomplishments, etc. At the end of the year, I like to review and summarize it. I do this to super-charge my attitude of gratitude. I am also doing this as a reminder that I fulfilled, and significantly surpassed, my intentions for 2019, and that is an awesome feeling. I want to practice that great feeling knowing that I will have it at that end of 2020, too. Here are my highlights from 2019:

WORK
Completed:
==My 4th season doing tax prep
==Another year of MELT and yoga teaching at the Clearwater Wellness Center
==Another year of spiritual life coaching with clients whom I dearly love and appreciate
==MELT Level 1 (Roller) training

FAMILY
There were numerous trips to Fort Collins, including:
==Surprising Derek for his April birthday
==Dog-sitting adventure in May, along with celebrating Eliot's 30th birthday and seeing Dennis' band at the Swing Station just down the road from Derek's house
==Took sons and friends to see the Cubs playing the Rockies in Denver

TRAVEL
==MELT Roller training in Orlando gave me the opportunity to visit/stay with 3 set of friends in Florida whom I hadn't seen in quite some time.
==A 2,000+ mile drive back east included a visit with Doug (nephew) and Robin, who took me to Detroit for a Tigers game. I then went on to Ohio to visit with my brother Arlie and family.
==A trip to Cheyenne and Fort Collins with travel bud and friend, Lanie. We happened upon Frontier Days, I went to my first rodeo, and our hotel had no hot water and gave us a super discount. We had fun golfing in Loveland.
==Baseball tour in California, going to all five stadiums. Highlights were a string ensemble playing in Balboa Park--an amazing group of siblings ages 17 and under; and I got on the huge video board at Petco Park in San Diego, a nanosecond of fame. Just seven stadiums left to complete my quest.
==Trips to St. Louis for Pockets (band) reunion and celebrating my in-laws 90th birthdays.
==Another great retreat at Timber Creek Retreat House
==Registered for a Spain & Portugal tour in Sept 2020
==Saw Rob Bell's "Introduction to Joy" show in OKC with friend Bertie

HEALTH
==Best wishes to my chiropractor of over 30 years upon her retirement. I'm happy for her, but bummed for me.
==I met with a new doctor for future hip replacement.

==Commitment to eating at home, mostly, with these guidelines:
  • Eat food that spoils (not the processed stuff with multi-year shelf life)
  • Know the ingredients (if it takes a chemistry degree to know what it is, don't eat it)
  • Don't bring ice cream or potato chips into the house
  • Dennis did an awesome job both feeding me suppers and making leftovers for my tax-job lunches. I stopped eating out at work, and as a result, lost a few pounds during tax season, rather than gaining 10# as I had in the three previous seasons.
==Swam over 100 miles for the 22nd year in a row, tallying my second highest mile total ever, 134.7 miles.

MISCELLANEOUS
==Began working through "The Prosperous Life Journal" in October, to keep myself focused on abundance and gratitude.
==Many enjoyable hours of crocheting early in the year produced Christmas-gift afghans for Derek and Eliot.
==The neighbor's fence was finally fixed, so I got my garden and swing back.
==The year-long vehicle search culminated in test-driving a Tesla--it's the WINNER (a 2020 intention).

DOG
     After nearly a year of dog-sitting our grand-dog in 2018, we missed having a critter around, so we casually looked at various pups over the year. On Dec. 8, we brought home Barney Clark. He brings more joy, laughter and love to us every day.



     I'd say 2019 was mighty fine, and I can hardly wait for all the good of 2020.
     Blessings to all my readers!
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment