Friday, June 5, 2015

A first I wish had not happened

     For the first time in my life, a person I know personally has been murdered. Tanya Tandoc, owner of Tanya's Soup Kitchen, bellydancer, generous spirit, loving woman, was killed last night. And to make matters even worse, we know the suspected killer who has confessed.
     This event has stunned Wichita, as Tanya is very-well known and loved here throughout the city. I've felt all day as if I've been punched in the gut, and I doubt that feeling will leave me soon.
     This event requires two things of me, both challenging. One is to continue to believe that people are good, no matter what the appearances are. The other is to remember how fragile and not-guaranteed life is, and to live it to the fullest each day we have here on Planet Earth. And there's a third thing, not so challenging... let everyone you love know it loudly and clearly!
     I love you, my readers, friends and family!
              Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment