Friday, September 12, 2014

Sacred?

     I had a gathering last night of folks that I dearly love, who have been in assorted classes or groups with me. It's a sacred group that loves, listens, supports and delights in one another.
     There you have it. I used the word "sacred." That was our discussion topic. Here's a shortened version of our discussion questions for consideration:

1. What is sacred to you? 
2. Most likely in #1, you identified relatively positive things, such as “family.” Now take a look at those sacred beliefs you hold that may not be serving your best interests. (An example from Leta’s life: I have to do everything myself.)
3. Are you, as a human being, sacred? If you believe you are, how does that lead you to care for yourself? If you don’t believe you are sacred, how does that lead you to care for yourself? How DO you care for yourself? What does this say about your personal sacredness?
4. Is your work sacred? How would your daily worklife change if you viewed it as sacred? (Note “daily worklife” can be paid work, domestic goddess/god tasks, volunteer efforts, retirement/relaxation, etc.)

     By the end of our two-hour gathering, I was in a state of awe at the unique sacredness of each person present. I realized for myself an intimate connection between sacredness and beauty, and beauty is wherever I choose to see it. I certainly see it in other humans and myself. What a blessing!
     Have a great weekend, sacred ones!
               Leta

   

No comments:

Post a Comment