Sunday, March 11, 2012

Being Authentic

From Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Insist on yourself, never imitate. Your own gift you can present every  moment with the cumulative force of a whole lifetime's cultivation..."
I had the experience this week of taking over as yoga instructor for a teacher who is quitting to have twins soon. It could have been a highly stressful experience--new, unknown person who does things differently--yes, CHANGE!  I set the intent going into it to simply be myself, and let the experience unfold as it may, knowing that being authentic and true to myself truly is the best I can offer. 
The result...I'm happy with how it went, and I have no attachment to the ongoing result. If no one comes back next week, I'll know that someone else is better suited to lead them.  I really doubt that will happen.  I'll show up again this week and be me, and let Spirit handle the details. That's easy!
Be yourself--you ARE a gift to all of creation, or you wouldn't be here!
Love and joy!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment