Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lovingkindness

Today's blog comes from Joan Borysenko's Pocketful of Miracles (Feb11/12):
We can only love others to the degree that we have opened our hearts to ourselves. It is not selfish to bless ourselves first, because if our heart remains closed we have nothing to give. The most selfless prayer is to awaken so that we can serve others and help alleviate the suffering that comes from ignorance of our unity with the Big Mind of God.

The lovingkindness blessing process:
Breathe and be still. Imagine the light and love of the Divine Beloved pouring over you and washing through you, revealing the purity of your own heart, extending beyond you and merging with the Divine Light. See yourself totally enclosed in the egg of light, and then repeat these lovingkindness blessings for yourself:
May I be at peace, May my heart remain open,
May I awaken to the light of my own true nature,
May I be healed, May I be a source of healing for all beings.

Repeat these blessings for yourself anytime during the day when you feel alone, afraid or out of touch with the Light within.
Love and joy,
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment