Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Doing Nothing

     Spanish proverb: How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterward.
     I am such a dedicated napper that I must have been of Hispanic ethnicity in a previous life. I love my siestas, and I consider napping a hobby.
     When I ran across this proverb, I thought, "That's me!" Yet as I ponder this saying further, I realize that I'm not so clear about doing nothing, just the rest afterward part.
     What is "doing nothing" anyway? Is it meditating? Is it reading? Is it laying around watching baseball (one of my favorite activities)? Is it sitting and watching the world go by? Is it watching paint dry or grass grow? Is it chatting with someone you love over a beer or a cup of coffee? Is napping "doing nothing"? How about leisurely blogging?
     I'm thinking as I write this that "doing nothing" is a very personal thing.
     Time to rest!
        Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment