Saturday, March 7, 2015

Born Again

The title of today's blog comes from John Fogerty's Center Field:
Well, beat the drum and hold the phone
The sun came out today
We're born again, there's new grass on the field
Roundin' third and headed for home
It's a brown-eyed handsome man
Anyone can understand the way I feel
 Oh, put me in coach, I'm ready to play today
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play today
Look at me, I can be centerfield.

I just finished washing my car, in our driveway, in shirtsleeves, and I didn't freeze. It's a beautiful day. It's March, and I'm mad about basketball, but nevertheless, baseball season is coming, being "born again!" I LOVE spring, partly because of baseball, but also because of new life and new possibilities in general. It feels so good to have sunshine on my skin (an important health item). And of course, "you can't beat fun at the old ball park." And as a Cubs fan, maybe this year is THE YEAR we always hoped for last year!!!! I'll bet it was a Cubs fan that coined the phrase, "Hope SPRINGs eternal." (My apologies to whoever really made it up!) 

Note the second part of the quote above. Are you ready to play? Are you willing to throw yourself fully, passionately, into the game of life? Are you willing to offer your authentic self to the world, to be "centerfield"? There's no better time than right now. 

Loving the sunshine,
     Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment