Saturday, October 26, 2013

Another Birthday, or not...

     The roller coaster of my life hit a major high and a major low during my recent birthday week.
     I had a great birthday. I did exactly what I chose to do all day, and that included getting my first (and LAST) tattoo. It's a small infinity symbol on the inside of my left wrist. It's red, of course, my favorite color. It's my reminder that I am an infinite spiritual being temporarily in a human body, and everything in the universe is infinite, including and especially love. Which leads me to the low of the week...
     My great-nephew, Ricky, at age 20, decided he'd had enough of life on Earth, and ended his life. It's a terrible shock to the family, because Ricky was a wonderful, sweet, ambitious and industrious young man. Alas, he didn't seem to feel those qualities in himself. It's so sad.
     My point... appreciate the people in your life! Whether it's your significant other or an occasionally-seen service person, let them know you are glad they are on the planet with you. Smile. Say "please" and "thank you." Make eye contact. You don't know how important a simple loving gesture may be. And it's impossible to be too loving. Let the infinite love of the Universe flow through you--it feels great!
     I love you, my readers! Have a great weekend!
                                Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment