Monday, April 1, 2013

Opening Day!!

"We're born again, there's new grass on the field." (A line from "Center Field" by John Fogerty)
Baseball season starts today, I am in heaven. I LOVE baseball! Many thanks to my grad school buddy, Larry, who, many years ago, spent hours teaching me baseball strategy at the Twins games in the old stadium in Bloomington.
We simply don't know that we are going to live to see another baseball season open. That's not a morbid thought! It's a thought that makes me LOVE this day, and that reminds me that life is so good, there's nothing to fear or worry about, and all is well.
And, yes, I'm a die-hard Cubs fan. Haven't won the World Series since 1908, yadda, yadda, yadda. I am committed to living as long as it takes to see the Cubs win the World Series, so I could be around a LONG time :) I'm good with that!
Love your life--it's priceless!
Go Cubs!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment