Saturday, November 16, 2019

Prosperity Pup

     I went through a rather dark period earlier this year, where I let negativity get too much of me. I was especially down relative to my own personal abundance. I knew better, but alas, there I was. What has pulled me out is getting back to daily writing (by hand, on paper) in the "Prosperous Life Journal" by Chris Michaels and Edward Viljoen.
     The floodgates of abundance have re-opened, I'm excited to say. I feel so much better on every level. Note that when I reference "abundance," I'm talking about much more than money. I'll give one example of a joy coming through those floodgates.
     For most of 2018, we dog-sat our grand-dog, Dusty, a Golden Retriever. This is the first time we have had a pet in our home of 34 years. We returned Dusty to our son last Christmas, which was all well and good. However, when we returned home and he wasn't there, the gaping hole in our home and hearts was dreadful. I cried for three days, I missed him so much. I still look for him on occasion when I come in the door.
     I have a friend who is a volunteer with a local mostly-dog adoption agency. She knows that we have been interested (and patient) in finding a Golden Retriever. We saw each other recently, discussed dogs, and I said, "No one ever gives up a Golden." (How's that for negativity?!?!) The very next day she sent me a picture of a mostly-Golden who was surrendered with parvo-virus and being treated. Interested? Oh, yes!!!



     Long story short:  Love at first sight. We have adopted him, named him Barney Clark, and my friend is fostering him during the post-parvo quarantine. We are visiting him often for him to get comfortable with us, and we will be able to bring him home in early December. I'm reading up on dog behavior and training, and I love learning how to be the best pack leader I can be.
     I often see the paw-print bumper sticker stating: "Who rescued who?" It's so true in this case. I can hardly wait to have this sweetness in our home with those floodgates of love wide open.
     Life is good!
           Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment