Thursday, June 20, 2019

Pet Peeve, Great Read

     Because it is so easy to become completely depressed over the mess the current administration has made of most everything, I'm having a need to write about something completely trivial, a first-world problem, a pet peeve of mine.
     The subject pet peeve is the placing of signs apologizing for a problem rather than fixing the problem. One example of this is on Interstate 70 around Limon, Colorado. There are several signs indicating "Road Damage Ahead." Fix the road! Granted, the signs are cheaper than the repairs, but the signs do nothing to improve the situation. Another example is at the YMCA branch I use regularly. Yesterday there were numerous signs apologizing for the excess warmth in the women's locker room. I don't care if the powers-that-be feel bad about it or not. Fix the problem!
     I think I'm going to make up a bunch of signs for around my house: "I apologize for the fact that this room is dirty." Then I won't have to clean anymore!!!!!

     Moving on, I highly recommend the book, Becoming, by Michelle Obama. It is very well written and easy to read. It's a look into a world that is foreign to many of us: her growing up in South Side Chicago; her courtship, marriage and family development with Barack; and what it's like to campaign, then live in the White House as the First Family. The story of Barack proposing to Michelle is especially delightful.
     I apologize for not writing any more right now. 😛
          Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment