This fine work of snowman art was painted by yours truly, and now hangs by our fireplace. It's not destined for an art museum, but I like it. I put it as the background photo on my Chromebook, and each time I open the laptop, the snowman makes me smile.
This led me to thinking about other little things that make me smile. Here's a partial list:
- 75-pound Dusty dog lying asleep in my lap
- Snow on evergreens
- Just the thought of Opening Day of baseball season
- A completed sewing or crocheting project
- The "me-ness" of my woman cave
- Catching a palindrome of numbers on my car's odometer
- Christmas lights
- The morning cup of coffee
- Folded and put-away laundry
- Hand-written, snail-mailed cards and letters
That's good for starters. What items are on your list? Let's spread our smiles around!