Yesterday I came upon this sentence in the book: "Give the opportunity you have been given the respect that it is due." In context, it was referring to the opportunity of attending yoga classes. However, I see this as a powerful guiding statement for all of life.
I let my mind start roaming about in "opportunities" so worthy of respect:
- being alive in these amazing bodies
- using our talents
- loving ourselves and others
- living on an extraordinary planet
- having machines (washer, dryer, dishwasher, car, A/C, etc.) that make life so easy
- supporting oneself (and maybe others) via working
- eating good food
Those are just the ones that "floated to the top" as I was writing this. The sentiment of the above quote adds a reverence to daily life and all the things we get to do, be and have. Please ponder this and feel free to add to the list from your own life experience. It feels good.
Post a Comment