Monday, November 19, 2012

And the trip was awesome!

My trip to Italy totally re-affirmed one of my favorite sayings: "I lead a charmed life, especially when traveling." We had a superb tour manager and bus driver, the weather was mostly great, we saw many beautiful and historic sights, our accommodations were exceptional, and we had a great group of folks to meet and enjoy. The food and wine were bountiful and delicious. I learned enough about olive oil to become an "olive oil snob." :)
The artwork that had the biggest effect on me was the original statue of David by Michelangelo in Florence. The energy of its magnificence was so wonderful to be immersed in. 
A friend asked me what was my biggest "aha." I said, "Do it while you can." Follow your heart's desire, explore, do that bucket list while you're still healthy and vital.
As Nike says, Just Do It!
Joyfully,
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment