Thursday, September 13, 2012

Artist's Date at the State Fair

I went to the Kansas State Fair yesterday. It was an Artist's Date--that term comes from The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. It's an outing whereby you feed your soul with some sort of artistry that is meaningful to you. 
I especially enjoyed the quilts, photography, painting and various arts and crafts.  The creativity and variety are amazing. Even the canned goods are works of art.
I also enjoyed the animals. I experienced a renewed appreciation for the variety of animals and for the humans that lovingly care for them. The two women who did the milking demonstration answered lots of questions for me and delighted me with their sharing of the various cow personalities.
Care for something, create something, be passionate about something--using your gifts blesses us all!
Thank you!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment