Monday, July 25, 2011

Generosity and Gratitude

"Generosity and gratitude turn good into great."  Mike Dooley, Notes from the Universe
I was blessed with a wonderful father who was extremely generous, both with me and everyone else, and who spoke frequently about how blessed the Miller family is.  He had a great handle on the spirit of Mike Dooley's quote.
I appreciate my dad's wisdom so much, and seek to apply this principle in my life daily.  Sure, generosity can mean giving money, but it also means smiling at folks, not being in a hurry, making eye contact, holding a door open, saying "please" and "thank you"--you get it, small acts of kindness add up to a generous spirit.  
Gratitude--that's pretty self-explanatory.  Start with the fact that you can read this blog--eyes to see, brain to comprehend, technology to deliver it, and so on.  If you can't whole-heartedly say, "I love my life!", it's time for some self-examination.  
Lovin' life, spreadin' joy!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment