Thursday, February 8, 2018

What's Important

The words of Rudyard Kipling:
Do not care
Overly much for
Wealth, or power, or fame,
Or one day you will meet someone
Who cares for none of these things,
And you realize
How poor you have become.
     I think that none of us have to look very far to see folks in the "wealth, or power, or fame" category. I'll grant you that I don't know the "whole story," but even from what I see from the outside looking in, I don't care to go there.
     I've been listening a lot to Abraham-Hicks recordings. Abraham, through Esther Hicks, delivers a very simple message--our job is to do whatever it takes within ourselves to feel good. Feeling good keeps our vibration high, which enables us to attract what we desire into our lives. It's completely an "inside" job--there's no changing others or circumstances or government or anything outside ourselves in order to make ourselves happy. No matter what's happening around us, our most important function is to keep our vibration high, by paying attention, first, foremost and always, to how we feel.
     This is an enormous challenge in our head-oriented society. Connection to the heart and feelings are often poo-pooed as weak or irrelevant. And how can I feel happy when there's so much chaos and misery around me? Ah, there's the challenge.
     Feeling good is a self-fulfilling prophecy. When I feel good, I attract more things to feel good about. That's what life is designed for--the Universe supports this with every bit of Its energy. Pretty simple, not necessarily easy, but so worth the effort.
     I feel good!
          Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment