Friday, December 15, 2017

I am a candle. You can be, too.

     Right now, my candle flame is tiny and being battered by the winds on ongoing (yes, more) distressing news about loved ones.
     To back up... the big family news is our oldest son planning a temporary work adventure on the other side of the world, somewhere in Australia. That's good and exciting, and since that country is at the top of my travel bucket list, I'm happy about it. Nevertheless, that ongoing "letting go" thing with our kids continues to challenge me... my baby will be on the other side of the world!
     The other change I briefly mentioned in my previous post is a minor (tax prep) job change that is fine.
     Then yesterday, I received more bad news about several loved ones.
     I was discussing with my awesome prayer partner yesterday that I guess my role is to be a "life is good" candle in this darkness that is swirling around me. I was feeling so overwhelmed that I even sat down to paint last night. While I feel too much of a rookie at painting to title my works, this one has to be "Too Much Darkness," as that phrase just kept revolving through my mind as I painted.


The bottom center is my internal cave which is full of light.
     Then this morning, something happened which made me so angry, I could do nothing but soul-rinsing (commonly know as crying) which will ultimately make my candle flame brighter. I am grateful to friends who let me vent on them, which helps keep my flame burning.
     Lots of folks (LOTS!) are distressed right now. Angst is running way high. I think those of us who are aware of our nature as light truly can uplift others. It takes good self-care. It takes faith. It takes a close relationship with a power bigger than me, which, thank It, has things way more under control than I do.
     Please join me in keeping your candle flame going... we all need the light!
             Leta




No comments:

Post a Comment