Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Our Amazing Bodies

     Here is a 5-minute video by Baxter Bell, M.D. and yoga teacher, describing the anatomy of the knee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEvqGbLkAUU
     I've been sharing this with my yoga classes this week. I do this obviously for education, but I am always stressing the amazing awesomeness of the human body and encouraging us to appreciate our bodies. It is interesting to me how the knee is designed to bend and extend, of course, but it is also specifically designed to not do other things.
     We tend to take our bodies for granted unless they fail us in some way, then we get irritated with them. This is generally not a path to improvement. Our bodies listen to our self-talk, so appreciation is a much better way to be be comfortable in our own skin.
     Loving my knees,
           Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment