Tuesday, October 11, 2016

What a Roller Coaster Ride is this October!

     I usually LOVE October. It's birthday month for both my husband and me. The weather is generally awesome. Having grown up in the heavily-forested mountains of Pennsylvania, I am still in love with fall colors. And then there's the baseball playoffs. With the Cubs in the playoffs this year, I am in baseball nirvana. I'd usually not ever want to rush through my most beloved month.
     However, this year, October can't be over quickly enough, getting us to and past Election Day. I am nauseous sick of all of it, both on a state and national level. I am embarrassed as an American that a vile person such as Donald Trump could get a major-party nomination. President Obama is the highest-quality human being to hold that office in decades, and I'm sick of hearing him being bashed. And I didn't even have the stomach to watch the debates!
     I've decided for my sanity to remove myself from any more political readings, news, etc. and to concentrate on enjoying the rest of this month. That includes a retreat weekend that will truly get me "away from it all," hallelujah.
     GO, CUBBIES!
          Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment