Saturday, June 25, 2016

Whole 30: Days 22-24

     Less than a week to go. My golf outing where I brought my own W30 lunch proved to not be a problem at all, because it was so hot and humid that by the time we were done playing, I was so miserably hot, I was nauseous, and didn't eat anything at all. Granted, I might have killed for a really cold beer, but I convinced myself that they did not have any of my favorites, so it wasn't worth wrecking my W30. A beer at that point would not have been a smart choice anyway.

Day 22: B: HFVJ (home-made fruit/vegetable juice), pecans & cashews
              L: chicken salad, olives, grapes
              D: veggie salad w/ grilled salmon
Day 23: B: HFVJ, 2 eggs, 2 strips bacon, sw potato, cooked in ghee
              L: tuna salad, 1 banana, cashews & pecans
              D: chili, cherries
Day 24: B: HFVJ, 2 eggs, 2 strips bacon, sw potato, cooked in ghee
              L: apple w cashew butter, macadamia nuts
              D: shepherd's pie, cherries

     Something I'm quite curious about... since I've been on W30, I have been in several situations where mosquitoes were hugely abundant and other folks were getting chewed up, but I was not (and I had not applied bug repellent). Usually mosquitoes are all over me. I don't want to jinx this bonus, but could it be what I'm (not) eating?
     I said in an earlier post that I'm not really fond of cooking. It's dangerous! While making W30 Shepherd's Pie last night, I burned the length of a finger to the point of blistering. I tell you this not to tout my stupid move, but to let you know about healing. I put ice on it, of course, but once I was done cooking, I split a leaf of an aloe vera plant and bandaged that to my finger and left it on for the night. Not only did the burning ache go away, this morning the blister was completely dried up! It barely hurts at all. Morals of story: don't place hand on hot stove, and have an aloe vera plant handy!
     Lovin' life!
              Leta


No comments:

Post a Comment