Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Happiness

A Note from the Universe by Mike Dooley:
Happiness isn't a destination, it's a realization that things couldn't possibly get any better than having the freedom to perceive as you please and to think as you choose, in a magical, adoring Universe.

I've been playing with an awareness that I've spent most of my life doing stuff to try to be a better person, to please others or God, to be worthy. It's an impossible task, because we are already there--there's nothing we can do to be more loved than we already are--we are infinitely adored by that "magical, adoring Universe." Therefore, with this realization comes the knowing that everything I do is simply a choice. I don't HAVE to do anything. I don't have to tithe, or serve others, or be nice, or smile, or say "yes" when I mean "no," or anything else. Those are all choices, and therefore, it's all within. There's no more blaming anything outside myself for the choices I make. We shall see how this develops. Right now, it feels like a very empowering realization. 
     Enjoying the magic,
         Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment