Thursday, December 31, 2015

Changing my perspective on the new year...

     I must confess that I've lost interest in goal-setting. Too many "didn't make it" instances, I guess. At this point in life, setting a goal feels like pushing a river upstream, and all I really want to do is go with the flow.
     The following is a quote from Christian Sorensen:
Prayer too often ends up being directed at something outside of the self with a request for a change in conditions. Imagine the difference if your prayer was a communion with the Infinite. You would no longer be petitioning for anything to shift. Your only desire would be to know God better. When practiced in this manner, you are no longer looking for an answer that fulfills a limiting question that fits nicely into one of your preconceived rooms of thought. When you are in tune with the Infinite, you experience the unfoldment of an expanding consciousness that blows the walls out from your box. There are answers to prayer that your requests can’t even begin to articulate, Divine Connections ready to deliver the goods beyond expectations and a love that brings a peace and security only the soul could know.
     My only desire in 2016 is "to know God better." No forcing, no demanding, let Life take me where It will. It's done a damn good job so far, and I'm excited to see what the new year holds.
     Joyous 2016 to all!
                 Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment