Thursday, October 15, 2015

Enthusiasm

"None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm."  Henry David Thoreau

     I am about to mark 60 years on the planet, so "old" has been in my mind a lot. I don't feel old, and this Thoreau quote gave me the reason why. I am enthusiastic about life.
     I am also quite enthusiastic about baseball. This year, not one, but TWO, as in BOTH my favorite teams are in the playoffs. The Cubs and the Royals. I am in baseball nirvana. Pretty often I don't even get one team in, but two?!?!? I am wildly enthusiastic. My brother even called this afternoon to congratulate me!
     I am enthusiastic about yoga, both practicing and teaching it. It has made a huge difference in my life, my spirit, and my body. It has brought the most amazing and wonderful and loving people into my life. What's not to love?
     I am enthusiastic about my family. I am blessed with an awesome husband and two terrific sons. I am dedicated to staying fit and healthy and hope that someday I may have grandkids to play with. There's some long-term enthusiasm for you!! :)
     I am enthusiastic about people. I enjoy smiling. I love to brighten someone's day with a "good job" or "thank you." Simple, kind interactions are the things a joyous life is made of.
     Ponder enthusiasm in your life. Get yourself jazzed up. I'm betting you'll feel younger!
             Coming to you from baseball nirvana,
                    Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment