Monday, June 1, 2015

Lilies

     I love lilies, and I have many of them in my garden. This is the time of year they bloom. They are a beautiful reminder of my favorite passage from the Bible. It's in Luke 12:
27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. 28 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. 30 For it is the nations of the world that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
     And this passage is my ongoing reminder that there's something bigger than me that has everything in divine order, and I need not fuss or worry about a thing. All I need do is keep in fit spiritual condition, and that is certainly my pleasure! And, yes, gardening helps me with that.
     In love and beauty,
          Leta

In our front yard

No comments:

Post a Comment