Monday, June 15, 2015

Life Does Go On

     From Maya Angelou: "I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow." (See my previous post about Tanya Tandoc's murder.)
     Ms. Angelou's words are ringing true for me relative to the shock of Tanya's death. We simply have to "pick up the pieces" and move forward after such a horrific event. What choice do we have? Well, we do have a choice, to hang in misery, or go back to life and know each day does get better as we heal. It's a brave choice, to go back to full-out living.
     One of my favorite daily items for "keeping things in perspective" is the Astronomy Picture of the Day (http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html). These are astoundingly beautiful photos of astronomical phenomena. I love the beauty, but I am also reminded daily of the incomprehensible vastness of our universe, and that there's something WAY bigger than me that has everything under control. If It can create galaxies, It can handle my small requests. I find it comforting to believe that even though my human perspective is so limited, there is some "rhyme and reason" to events in human life that are beyond my current understanding.
     Enjoying Monday and our beautiful universe,
             Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment