Monday, May 18, 2015

No Confirmation

     This writing comes from Mark Nepo:
"I have a young friend who speaks of the time when he reads stories with his daughter as a time that needs no confirmation. There is wisdom in his phrase: a time that needs no confirmation. ... where nothing need be approved or accepted, where no rejection or criticism need be overcome. The experience itself is all the authority we need."
     I, too, felt that way about reading to my young sons.
     I feel that our society places such extreme emphasis on being perfect that we are constantly feeling the need to justify our existence and our actions. This mentality takes courage to resist.
     One example of "no confirmation" for me was attending yesterday's Royals-Yankees game in Kansas City. I LOVE baseball, and I had an easy opportunity to go, so I went. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. "The experience itself is all the authority we need."
     What are some of your "no confirmation" experiences? These feed our souls, and they are important to identify and enjoy regularly!
             Leta

 

No comments:

Post a Comment