Sunday, October 19, 2014

Legacy

"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier."                   --Mother Teresa
      I'm reading a very interesting book by Caitlin Doughty titled Smoke Gets in Your Eyes and Other Lessons from the Crematory. She's a young, licensed mortician taking a historical, serious, and humorous look at death. She is the founder of The Order of the Good Death. Her website is http://www.orderofthegooddeath.com/ and there you can find some VERY entertaining videos.
      As Caitlin indicates, the chance of each one of us dying is 100%. We don't much care to spend a lot of time thinking about that. I surely don't. But when I do, it leaves me considering my legacy. That leads me back to the Mother Teresa quote I started with. Our greatest power is to love. Let's use it, and live as Mother Teresa suggests.
      I love my readers!
               Leta



No comments:

Post a Comment