Monday, May 19, 2014

Domestic Goddess

     Today is Monday, which usually includes for me a couple loads of laundry and a trip to the grocery store. Everyone does those two activities at some point during the week. How do you see them? Drudgery? "Have to"? "I hate doing laundry"?
     There was a time in my life wherein I had so much back pain that I couldn't do the laundry. I was on bed rest, so that I couldn't leave the house. I was ecstatic when I had healed enough to do laundry and shop for groceries again.
     One of my special talents is being able to see alternatives. So in this instance, I have applied the term "domestic goddess" to those rather mundane chores of the household. It makes me smile and feel better, and to me, it adds additional value to me completing those tasks.
     Can you come up with a nickname for yourself doing your less-enjoyable tasks? Please share it!
Love from a DG,
     Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment