Sunday, April 13, 2014

Inner Resources

This item is from The Tao of Leadership by John Heider, based on Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching:
     "To know how other people behave takes intelligence, but to know myself takes wisdom. To manage other people's lives takes strength, but to manage my own life takes true power.
     "If I am content with what I have, I can live simply and enjoy both prosperity and free time. If my goals are clear, I can achieve them without fuss. If I am at peace with myself, I will not spend my life force in conflicts. If I have learned to let go, I do not need to fear."

     I have been presented in several ways recently with the idea of living simply. As I get older, it seems that there is too much stuff around me that requires either a little or a lot of care. I prefer experiences, interactions, free time more than stuff. A couple days ago I met a super-friendly golden retriever out on a walk with his master. I was instantly his new best friend (though he had never sniffed me before), giving me again the gentle reminder that life is all about love, and that pretty much covers it.
     Living in love, loving my life,
            Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment