Friday, March 21, 2014

Set them free.

      Here's a quote from Inspired & Unstoppable by Tama Kieves:
“But here’s what I want you to do with all the people you meet. Set them free. Love their decisions. Love their indecision. Love their spirit. Love their fear and rigidity, their skepticism, frugality, or imperfect choices. Set them free. … You can’t judge people and touch their souls at the same time.
     WOW, some mighty words there. It is possible to set people free. I use my brother as an example. He and I differ quite a bit on political and military (he's a West Point grad) topics. Yet I adore and love him so much, I can let all that just blow on by. I set him free and focus on the love I feel for him. It's quite useful to find an example of setting someone free, and I'm guessing we all have such an example, just to prove it can be done. Then we can move ahead and set others free. What a relief, not to be dragging around those judgments and annoyances!
     Ah, freedom. Have a great weekend!
              Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment