Monday, September 2, 2013

Sustained Effort

I'll admit right now that sustained effort is generally hard for me. I'm the sort of person who likes to complete a task so that I can cross it off my to-do list. Those things that take a long period of time (more than a day) to complete leave me feeling unsettled, but I'm getting better at it.
I am crazy-wildly-fanatically in love with baseball, being a die-hard Cubs fan. Now there's sustained effort! The Cubs have gone the longest of any team in baseball between World Series wins, since 1908. Yes, early LAST century. They keep showing up and playing, I can too.
If I were a baseball player, with my annoyance at sustained effort, I'd throw in the towel by the end of April. What fun is that?!?! Baseball is really getting exciting now, in September, as we head toward the playoffs. So I have a great example of keeping on keeping on in front of me nearly every day.
I have a lot going on now that requires both patience and sustained effort. Please give me strength to keep showing up, Spirit!
Hang in there!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment