Friday, May 24, 2013

"Oooooo, I like that."

A friend recently had the joy of seeing the Dalai Lama in person in Louisville. In describing His Holiness, she said he laughs a LOT, and often says, "Oooooo, I like that." I expect that this little tidbit of approach to life could be a powerful life-changer for the better, if we could simply laugh at most things (especially ourselves) and say, "Oooooo, I like that."
I guarantee that there are instances in my day wherein I'd be challenged to say, "Oooooo, I like that." But I also know that there are blessings in every moment, even if I don't recognize them IN the moment.
I'm figuring that if the Dalai Lama can be so joyful, given the horrors he's seen and experienced, why can't I? My life is a piece of cake, really. "Oooooo, I like that."
Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all!
Many thanks to those soldiers and loved ones who have gone the extra mile to make our lives so good!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment