Monday, April 8, 2013

Disappointment

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed that the Shockers lost to Louisville on Saturday night. However, in my emotional realm, disappointment is 1% and pride in the Shockers' accomplishments is 99%! What an awesome adventure for them and all their fans, all of Wichita, all of Kansas! "Good work!" to the team and coaches and all who traveled to cheer them on.

But wait, I'm not done. Disappointment has been a huge issue for me in life (as in, I don't even want to go there or try that or whatever, because I'll be disappointed). Spirit has given me a huge boost in dealing with this issue in this quote from fellow practitioner, Jenn Fay: "Disappointment is judging something too soon, for the end result of GRAND is guaranteed." Disappointment has always felt like an insurmountable boogie-man to me. "Judging something too soon," now that I can work with. I'm excited to see where this simple, but empowering, thought takes me.

Have a lovely week!
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment