Tuesday, September 18, 2012

In all things, persist gently.

I love that phrase: persist gently.  It comes from a daily meditation written by Katherine Saux.
In two circumstances in my life right now, this idea is especially relevant. I tend to be quite impatient, especially where business development is concerned. I'm doing what I love, business IS growing, just not fast enough for me. Sometimes I slip into a "Why bother?" funk. Sometimes it feels like effort is maximum while income is minimal. Well, I don't want to stop doing what I love, so it is considerably easier on my spirit if I persist gently, rather than stomping my foot and demanding of the Universe.
I'm also working with someone who recently experienced the transition of a close family member. Our society tends to be so hard-hearted toward the grieving--just suck it up and get over it. NO! We serve ourselves and our long-term health as we feel and release the many mixed emotions that accompany such a loss. Persist gently--feel, express, release, and repeat as needed, no matter how long it takes. Sometimes it seems like "they" have set a timetable or perfect process for grieving. It is different for each person, and it takes what it takes. Persist gently.
Take this idea--persist gently--into your spirit and use it.  Your body and soul will so appreciate it!
Blessings,
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment