Monday, July 23, 2012

Baseball Heaven AND Art Heaven!

Chicago was awesome!  The Broads had a great time, and jam-packed 3 days with fabulous adventures.
The Wrigley field tour was everything I hoped for, and more.  We covered it all from the dugout to the press box. My new profile photo on Facebook (Leta Renee Miller) is my feet right next to the infield grass.  Keep off the grass! But I did touch it. And I got a photo of the CUBS on-deck circle before the guide hollered at me.
Art Heaven... The Blue Man Group was outstanding, I would recommend the show to everyone! Knowing one of the Blue Men personally only added to the coolness.  Another recommendation--the Art Institute of Chicago. It would take days to see everything, but don't let that deter you. I saw, in 1 1/2 hours, some of my favorite Impressionists, Picasso, Grant Wood, a giant Buddha, and way more. Did you know that the models for "American Gothic" (the famous painting with the farmer & his pitchfork next to his wife) were the artist's sister and a DENTIST!?!?!  Yep, it's true.
Create an adventure for yourself--you'll be glad you did!
Joy and fun,
Leta

No comments:

Post a Comment